Most clients would prefer a customized Facebook feed (especially those supporting multiple social media) , hence this bring us to this question:
“What is the easiest method to generate a Facebook access token just to retrieve their public page feed?”
A simple step is to create an “empty” Facebook application and use its access token (note that most likely the UI is going to change but the idea is there):
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps/
- Go to “Add a New App” (My Apps > Add a New App).
- Select “WWW” (or any) and click on “Skip and Create App ID”.
- Give the application a suitable name and namespace for future reference.
- Grats! You have generated your own access token! For secret key, remember to click on the “Show” button.
- To verify, key in the following url and you should be able to see the public page feed:
https://graph.facebook.com/v2.3/<page id>/posts?access_token=<App ID – as shown in above image>|<App Secert>