We have raised a PMR with IBM (#72274,000,834).
There is an un-catch null pointer exception bug in WebSphere Portal if “wps.content.template.default” is the first child under Page Templates and it is inactive.
How to replicate:
- Before proceed, ensure that you are using WebSphere Portal CF 9 and above and there are at least 2 page templates.
- Ensure that “wps.content.template.default” is the first child under Page Templates is inactive and the node is set inactive.
- Toggle “Edit” mode and proceed to create a child page.
- Key in the Page’s title and click on the “Create Page…” button. DO NOT SELECT any page template.
- A “java.lang.NullPointerException” error message will be displayed, leaving the user trying to figure where he/she went wrong.